ArlingtonRV

Well Known Member
If anyone is interested there will be an LSA Repairman's class at Aircore Aviation at the Arlington Airport (KAWO) March 10 and 11. Jim says he has 8 spots left.

I took the LSA Course in Arlington on May 14-15, 2011 and found it to be very informative - well worth the time. It's my understanding that your Repairman's Certificate is specific to your N-number. You can only perform maintenance on the airframe that is identified on your Certificate.

I haven't applied for my Repairman's Certificate because I haven't been able to register my airframe with the FAA until the final documentation is received from Van's. This final documentation package was received yesterday, closely following my purchase of Skyview. So here's my question:

How much longer is my 9-month-old LSA Course Completion Certificate valid? Will it expire someday if I procrastinate applying for my N-number and Repairman's Certificate?

Per Jim at Aircore

I posed the question to Jim directly and here is his response:

The certificate is only good for the N-number listed on the certificate.

The certificate is Experimental Light Sport Repairman Inspection. If you want to work on other LSA you would need the Light Sport Repairman Maintenance rating which is the 3 week course.

If you sell your aircraft and buy another ELSA you can transfer the certificate. If you get an aircraft in another category i.e.; weight shift or powered parachute you would have to go through another 16 hour course.

The certificate you got in the class does not expire. Many people have waited a year or more to complete the registration of their aircraft and get their repairman certificate from the FAA.