Phyrcooler

Well Known Member
Van's isn't the only one modifying their POC. On the topic of LSA Engines as discussed previously -

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=16888

Further info from Aero-News Network:

Several changes have been made to the LSA proof-of-concept after 78 hours of testing the flight envelope -- most notably, another engine option. "We're evaluating the 100 horsepower Continental O-200 engine and we have modified the nose cowl to fit the Continental engine," said Neal Willford, project engineer for the LSA. The plane originally flew with a Rotax 912.
While it was known from AOPA in Palm Springs that TCM was working on an LSA version of their O-200... I am interested in what they have done - specifically installed weights. Hopefully someone at Sun-n-Fun can get additional information.

DJ

It's notable the Cessna LSA people are considering the Continental engine over the parent corp Lycoming.

Steve

Steve said:
It's notable the Cessna LSA people are considering the Continental engine over the parent corp Lycoming.

Steve
Yeah - I was suprised at that too. That would make a good conversation starter at the Lycoming booth.

"Excuse me sir... I'm comparing engines for use in LSA aircraft - and can't seem to find a Lycoming. Is this why Cessna has to put a CONTINENTAL engine in their LSA?" (grabbing large spoon to further stir the pot... maintains innocent questioning look...) "Wow... but aren't you both owned by Textron?"

He-he... wish I was at Sun-n-Fun this year! LOL :D

How about a half-Lycoming?

Hey, maybe Lycoming should make an O-180 by chopping two cylinders off an 0-360.