McFly

Well Known Member
A desire to replace my Lowrance 2000c with a unit that can be updated is taking me in directions I had no idea I was going. Thank you OSH.:eek:

Is the flight bag functionalily of the Skyview currently at the point where it could used as the only GPS for VFR cross country flight? I am wondereing about functionality such as detailed airport information, airspace details on the edge of the class B ten miles out, putting a feather on the active runway at my destination, how far away is that airport at my 10 oclock and what is the freq? Can the Skyview do as much as the Lowrance GPS wise ? Thanks.

skyview

Can't tell you about the Lowrance but the Skyview will do all those things. Except maybe that feather thing?? You might want to go to Dynon's site and download the Pilot Guide. That way you can get a pretty good picture of what you can see. The airport info is much more complete than I will ever use. If you want to ask me 40 questions, pm me for my phone number.

I have a SV system in my -8 and I've owned a 2000C. No comparison, SV wins hands down and is steadily being updated with new features.

I use it for IFR enroute (I have a certified Garmin GPS installed as my primary of course).