gasman

Well Known Member
Friend
My 600C went into a start up loop. It would open with the start up screen and then show the warning and then shut down and start over. You could not shut this thing off. I had to remove the batteries to shut it off.........

EASY FIX..... I went to their web site and found this...... http://www.lowrance.com/en/Support/Product-Support/Troubleshooting-Guide/Reset-Procedures/

Found the procedure for my model and did what it said and it was fixed. I placed these instructions on the back side of the gps for the next time.........:eek:

Don't send it for repair, if needed!

Sent my 2000C for repair, along with $212.45 -- when I called to check on it, was told 3.5 to 4 MONTHS -- and no new units are being produced! They would not return my unit, or my money.

Checked the boater's site, and everyone is having problems with Lowrance customer service (no service!)

Sent my 2000C for repair, along with $212.45 -- when I called to check on it, was told 3.5 to 4 MONTHS -- and no new units are being produced! They would not return my unit, or my money.

Checked the boater's site, and everyone is having problems with Lowrance customer service (no service!)

THEY WERE ALSO A "NO SHOW" AT OSHKOSH THIS YEAR......... and they did have a booth and were in the guide....... This is not good!!

Thank You GASMAN!!

My Lowrance 2000C went into exactly same symptoms/mode described in original post from this thread. I was at a complete loss as to how to fix this; was ready to take the GPS apart to clean SD card slot, and had started measuring to figure out which replacement GPS I was going to use along with how I was going to fit it into the 2000C's spot in my panel.....then I found this thread and my problem was fixed in less than a minute.

So thanks GASMAN for your original post and link (link still works, even with Lowrance out of the aviatio gps business), and thanks DR for the VAF forums!

Well heck, im having problems with my 600c... it wont find my position. Ive done soft resets, hard resets, gps initializations, etc. If I let it sit outside for like 30 mins, it'll find me, but if I start moving around (or taking off) it loses me and wont pick it back up. =( Looks like its either going away for a long time or going in the trash.

Well heck, im having problems with my 600c... it wont find my position. Ive done soft resets, hard resets, gps initializations, etc. If I let it sit outside for like 30 mins, it'll find me, but if I start moving around (or taking off) it loses me and wont pick it back up. =( Looks like its either going away for a long time or going in the trash.

There is one advantage of going in the trash. Now you can get a 696! :D

I do run both the Garmin 696 & Lowrance 600C in my RV. Screen & detail wise, there is no comparison; but the small 600C does have good terrain info for it's small size. The Garmin is far brighter and readable in all "sun" conditions. The Lowrance is not. And considering I've also owned the 296 & 496, I just much prefer the larger 7" screen of the Garmin.

The Lowrance is just my backup. It was on sale for $299 (reg $499) with a $50 rebate. You couldn't beat that price at the time for a little unit with so much info.

L.Adamson --- RV6A