CODon

Have read all of the past threads and tried the links to Aircraft Spruce, etc. to locate a combination power serial cable, but have run into dead ends. Any suggestions. Thanks Don

When...

I bought mine the part # was 101-36... got it from Gulf Coast Avionics for $10.00 plus shipping. No Joy on this part # in my searches now. Email Ronnie English [email protected] and see if he can help.

Last edited:
Good news

After a bit of an extended wait on the phone, I was able to get LEI tech support. The part # is 101-36, and although it does not show on the web site, they still have a limited number of them at $19.95 + shipping. Just part of the ever changing electronic avionics world. Hope this one turned out good. I'll use the 2000c in my panel and the 1000 as a back up until I upgrade the panel. Don

Ribbon cable

The 2000c unit that I bought was not working. zoom in and zoom out were inop. Opened the case and cleaned the ribbon cable between the buttons and the CB and worked like my 1000. Life is good.

Lowrance is no longer making the aviation units

I have not started building yet, but when I was reviewing postings on hooking GPS units up to auto pilots I thought I check into getting the correct cable. I could not find anyone anywhere selling it so I sent Lei-Extras a message asking about it. The reply was:

Unfortunately, the NMEA cable has become obsolete. Here is a list of authorized Lowrance and Eagle dealers who can repair or provide parts for older model units. It is very possible that one of these dealers may still have this in stock. The part# you need is 101-36 NDC-2.​

Still no luck finding the cabke, so I wrote to Lowrance customer support and received this:

Please understand we strive to keep the newest and highest quality products on the market. This is in regards to features & price. As with all technology, things are constantly changing. Units that were top products a few years ago, can be far outperformed & out-priced by today?s products. However even in our pursuit of the newest technology we do not leave our longtime consumers completely without options.​

So then I asked whether the 2000C was essentially the same unit and that unit can't be obsolete. The reply was:

Yes, Lowrance is no longer making the aviation units. They have decided to focus on their fishing line at this time. Support for these units will still be available. However, Lowrance reserves the right to end this service option at any time, without notice to the customer.​

So has any else got the same responses and does anyone know of where to get the obsolete cable? part# 101-36 NDC-2

I have not started building yet, but when I was reviewing postings on hooking GPS units up to auto pilots I thought I check into getting the correct cable. I could not find anyone anywhere selling it so I sent Lei-Extras a message asking about it. The reply was:

Unfortunately, the NMEA cable has become obsolete. Here is a list of authorized Lowrance and Eagle dealers who can repair or provide parts for older model units. It is very possible that one of these dealers may still have this in stock. The part# you need is 101-36 NDC-2.​

Still no luck finding the cabke, so I wrote to Lowrance customer support and received this:

Please understand we strive to keep the newest and highest quality products on the market. This is in regards to features & price. As with all technology, things are constantly changing. Units that were top products a few years ago, can be far outperformed & out-priced by today?s products. However even in our pursuit of the newest technology we do not leave our longtime consumers completely without options.​

So then I asked whether the 2000C was essentially the same unit and that unit can't be obsolete. The reply was:

Yes, Lowrance is no longer making the aviation units. They have decided to focus on their fishing line at this time. Support for these units will still be available. However, Lowrance reserves the right to end this service option at any time, without notice to the customer.​

So has any else got the same responses and does anyone know of where to get the obsolete cable? part# 101-36 NDC-2

You can always make one... I think there's only 3-4 wires used. I'll look and see if I have a schem...

-d-

EXPAND your search.................... The AIRMAP 100 uses the same cable.

Last edited:
wiring layout

Perhaps this will help a little. I can ohm out the female pins next week when the plane is back in town if you still have not found the cable. Let me know.

serialcablelayout.jpg

I have not started building yet,

It looks like I'll be making a cable when the time comes. I have had no luck finding anyone still selling them. I can get the pinout below so you shouldn't need to do any more work. Thanks for the support though.

If you have not yet started building it is very likely there will not be a Lowrance GPS in your panel. By the time you are ready to build your panel, the newest avionics will relegate the Lowrance to the status of a long-forgotten obsolete device. ;)

I still fly an Airmap 1000 but recognize it as being anything but current technology. It would have no place in a new panel in my airplane, way too many great choices of newer GPS units.

If you have not yet started building it is very likely there will not be a Lowrance GPS in your panel. By the time you are ready to build your panel, the newest avionics will relegate the Lowrance to the status of a long-forgotten obsolete device. ;)

I installed three different GPSs in my plane before it ever flew. But I was kind of a slow builder. Shortly after flying with the Garmin 496, the 696 came out. So the RV got a new mount, and it's fourth GPS.

LEI no longer has these in stock (March 2010) , but I purchased cable PC-DI2BK (often mispelled PC-D12BK) from www.franksgreatoutdoors.com last week. The cable is getting hard to find, but seems as though it isn't uncommon at marine stores which carry Lowrance products.

Last edited: