I am curious to know if anyone out there might be able to help me out with the Lowrance Jeppensen Unlock Wizard as every time I try to download the programme it provides the following error.

When I try to run it via Google Chrome I get

"Unable to open the setup. Error code -1"

and when using Windows IE I get

"Setup cannot run from this Web page. Verify you have the correct browser security settings, click Refresh, and select Yes when asked to install the InstallShield Wizard2

I have tried emailing Lowrance many times before but have yet to receive a reply.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Best regards
Martin

Martin,

I can't help with your specific problem (I had problems getting the unlocked file to work in the GPS). You may have to patient. Lowrance did reply to my emails but it took some time. I don't know if it has been improved, but it was a rather convoluted process when I was trying to download and unlock the file on my PC running Vista. I suggest you also download and install the latest software version for your Lowrance 1000. My unit would not accept the unlocked file without the new version.

Fin
9A

and when using Windows IE I get

"Setup cannot run from this Web page. Verify you have the correct browser security settings, click Refresh, and select Yes when asked to install the InstallShield Wizard2

I got that same error trying to update my 600c a few weeks ago. After trying several times over a couple of days I finally gave up. Other things took priority the last few weeks so have not gotten back to it.

Sorry, no help but will be watching if anybody posts a solution.

Here's how it works

Hi.

I successfully downloaded and unlocked the Jeppersen file for my 2000C from LEI. Apparently, it works as follows. You can download the file at will, but Lowrance wrote their operating system software to reject any file that does not have the GPS unit serial number embedded into it.

After I downloaded JepAmr0109.At5 (in January of 09), I paid Lowrance the $35 fee thru their online program, then their program modified the downloaded file and embedded my unit serial number into the data. Once that was done my GPS was able to read it. They call it "unlock".

My hangar buddy also has a Lowrance but because his gps serial number is different, he cannot use my data.

Follow the directions on the internet and if your browser doesn't work, use Internet Explorer.

It definitely does work, and YES, they eventually answer all calls.

Saw staff at Sun n Fun

I saw the Lowrance folks at Sun n Fun yesterday -- I am still ragging them about "no XM weather capability".

Contents of the Lowrance update

Dennis:

It updates the airspace throughout the US. Recently, Phx changed the dimensions and height of Class Bravo but one of my hangar buddies' Lowrance was woefully ignorant of the changes. His unit had not been updated since 2006.

The problem is obvious and worth $35 to fix.