N208ET

Well Known Member
I?m trying to figure out if my engine is producing full power. When I originally installed my engine (I bought it off of eBay, was said to be rebuilt and was confirmed upon tearing the engine down) it had come off a old travelair. It?s a 1950?s vintage 0-360 that started out with bendix magnetos and standard 8.5 to 1 compression. With the FP Sensenich it would turn at static around 2050 WOT. With all the fairings on and everything as true as I wanted, it would produce around 200 mph.

I later decided to put on a Catto 3 blade for the heck of it, static rpm was the same, top speed was the same. Next came trading out a bendix mag for a Emag, again for the heck of it. Static increase maybe 20-30 rpm.

I ended up having a pretty serious engine issue, wrist pin plug disintegrated and started to take the piston with it. The engine was rebuilt and I installed new port and polished millennium cylinders and put in 9.5 to 1 pistons. I replaced the other mag so now I?m running dual P Mags, and the static is still around 2050. I?m I being unrealistic or does it sound like things aren?t developing full power?

Randy
8A
0-360 3 blade Catto, 9.5 to 1, dual P Mags