CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I'm going to call Vertical Power on this tomorrow, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue? This was my first power up today and everything worked except one device. I got the meter out and the voltage at the device was 10.5 Volts. Everything is wired to a VPX for power and everything else was working. I created a short 4 inch test lead and connected it to the same port directly on the VPX and got the same 10.5 Volt reading. I change the lead to another port and saw the expected 14Volts.

So it appears I have one pin for some reason that is outputting 10Volts. Is this a bad device or something else going on?

I'm going to call Vertical Power on this tomorrow, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue? This was my first power up today and everything worked except one device. I got the meter out and the voltage at the device was 10.5 Volts. Everything is wired to a VPX for power and everything else was working. I created a short 4 inch test lead and connected it to the same port directly on the VPX and got the same 10.5 Volt reading. I change the lead to another port and saw the expected 14Volts.

So it appears I have one pin for some reason that is outputting 10Volts. Is this a bad device or something else going on?

Keep us posted on the anomaly. I'm going to try to power mine up in a couple weeks if I can get my son to assist me when he is home for the holidays. It's hard to climb in the front seat with a cast on your foot.

Turns out this was a non issue as a non-loaded circuit will read low. I resolved the issue by turning off the current fault detection for the GTX 327 and it powered up just fine.

Yes, the pins will show some voltage if there is no load on the circuit. Once you put a load on it, the voltage goes to zero. Just an artifact of the way solid-state switches work.