PaulR

Well Known Member
I'm getting ready to hang my O-320 this weekend and trying to tie up the loose ends. I think I've gotten everything done on the firewall and the proper fittings on the accy case. Thanks to the guys for the "Illustrated Engine Hanging" article on this site. Anyway, after looking at Van's FWF drawings at the engine driven fuel pump, mine seems to be a little different than the one depicted on the drawings. It came from my engine builder for a carbed engine.

100_1588.jpg

I know the two opposing connections are inlet and outlet, am I correct to assume the the small 1/8" NPT fitting is for fuel pressure measurment?

It's an over flow line. That may not be the true technical term, but that's what it's for. It will be connected to a tube that just flows out the cowl bottom.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

It's an over flow line. That may not be the true technical term, but that's what it's for. It will be connected to a tube that just flows out the cowl bottom.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

In the event a diaphragm fails, either fuel or oil, that fluid will be pumped out that port.

Overflow

Thanks, guys for the quick response.

So whats the best way to plumb it overboard? I'm looking for ideas or pictures. I looked at a PA28 last nite and it didn't have one that I could see.

Thanks, guys for the quick response.

So whats the best way to plumb it overboard? I'm looking for ideas or pictures. I looked at a PA28 last nite and it didn't have one that I could see.

You should have a brass fitting with a copper tube silver soldered to it. That goes in the hole and then you safety wires some brake line to it and run that down to the left side of the fire wall, where it is safetied to a small aluminum tube that protrudes out of the firewall flange and held in place with zip-ties secured around the lower horizontal engine mount tube. (Maybe someone has a picture they can share.)