Tom Delaney

Well Known Member
I appear to have only one issue after testing all the avionics.

The intercom volume, while set to maximum, is still too low.The radio transmit and receive have plenty of volume. Headsets are set to maximum and the low volume is the same for both headsets. I am not sure if an adjustment to one of the pots on the control board will cure this. If so which one? No luck with the search function..

PS: Title should be Low Intercom Volume. Sidetone is heard in both headsets.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hopefully Jetguy will join the discussion to help. I spoke to him recently about a similar issue, and he was a wealth of knowledge! He even mentioned audible alerts- if I understood correctly- that if not adjusted to a proper setting, some folks may not even be aware they have that feature!

It was something to this effect. Hopefully he'll see this thread and reply so we can all learn from his discoveries.

Page 15 of the Flightcom-403 manual has some troubleshooting tips. If the SkyView control board is similar to the D-180 control board that I have, there is no intercom volume adjustment on it. I think the problem is either the intercom or the microphone gain control on the headset, if there is one.
Joe Gores