larrynew

Well Known Member
I'm looking for a very low cost tablet that will work with the USB camera on a stick that I use like a borescope. ONLY needs to view and take photos I can transfer (most likely with USB thumb drive) off the tablet. I currently use my laptop but would like something I can leave at the hanger and is easier to handle.

Started to get a used 7" android tablet for under $40 on ebay but reading the comments led me to believe some systems aren't plug and play with the USB cameras.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm looking for a very low cost tablet that will work with the USB camera on a stick that I use like a borescope. ONLY needs to view and take photos I can transfer (most likely with USB thumb drive) off the tablet. I currently use my laptop but would like something I can leave at the hanger and is easier to handle.

Started to get a used 7" android tablet for under $40 on ebay but reading the comments led me to believe some systems aren't plug and play with the USB cameras.

Suggestions? Thanks!
How about an old, no longer used Android smartphone? Like a Samsung Galaxy1.

:cool:

You could go to Walmart and buy a $20 Android phone. You can also load Avare on it (freeware) and have an outstanding backup GPS moving map. Just make sure the phone has OTG (on the go) capability via the USB port.

^ This. A $20 ZTE android phone with an 8gb micro SD inside set to store AVARE will do just this and MAY OTG the boroscope IF the OTG function works. They are NOT always active in the cheap androids.

ZTE seems to be the current easy to buy no contract device manufacturer.

I have an 812 Maven that I can check as a backup phone. Will update once tried. $30 Wally World.

This site says no, only a few do. Unfortunately, it, On the Go/ OTG is not a commonly advertised feature either way.

Google:
Which ZTE Devices Support On The Go (OTG)

Last edited: