30752mr

Pulled out G496 and downloaded latest upgrade. Reinstalled and now I have lost interface with Dynon D180 HSI. Connections are good and worked perfect before I touched it. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

If you are referring to the interface sub tab setting I didn't know there was a normal vs fast. Will check and let you know. Was also getting ready to update D180 as part of condition inspection. Any advice? It looks simple, but until I understand what's happened with the gps I'm holding off. Thanks Joe

If the connection on the rear of the 496 are like the 396 , then the you may want to take a closer look at that rather poor plug in cable. I ve had problems with that plug not making up very well in times past . I believe there are 4 wires in that plug. 2 are the comm for that serial connection format.

Just returned from airport and issue is resolved. It was the baud rate settings. Appears the G496 when set for NMEA in/out has a default baud rate of 4800 and the D180 was set for 9600. Changed the D180 to 4800 and communication was restored. Thanks to all for your inputs.