Bob Hoffman

Well Known Member
Has anyone ever needed to replace (don't ask) their Air Worthiness Certificate from the FAA ?? How and what do they require??
Any help would be appreciated.
Bob

Back when I knew less than I know now about experimentals and had just purchased my F1, I did not realize that the phase I documentation from the DAR was actually part of the airworthiness certificate. I thought it rather a PITA to carry around a huge wad of paper so I trashed them. Now trying to sell it I realize they are needed in the plane. Sent a letter to the aircraft certification branch and they sent me a set of the phase 1 papers and new certificate.

Certificate

Don't know much about Experimental, but when we buy or sell and aircraft that gets a new "N" number, we take the registration and change paperwork to any FSDO and they will type a new one with the new number on it. I'd call the local FSDO and ask them. I'm sure they can steer you the right way.

All the paperwork on the plane is available from the FAA on a CD for $10. When I bought my -8 the FLight Limitations had been lost. I called the FAA in OKC and found the right person pretty quickly. She sent the CD with a bill for $10 included. It was the least painful interaction with the US Govt I've ever had.

I'll check tonight at home to see if I have the contact info.

The local FSDO and now some DARs can issue a replacement airworthiness certificate.

GROUP BUY?

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...ense_holdr.php

We have a pilot shop at our airport here that also has a very nice registration holder made here locally. They retail for about $12. With all the apparent interest in these things maybe I should try to arrange a GROUP BUY for some of you guys.

I'll take a picture of mine and post it later.

When I needed a copy of my Operating Limitations I called 405-954-3116 which I think is the A/C Registration Branch of the FAA. Through them I ordered a CD of all the available documents in the FAA files. It cost $10, and I got it about a week later. It had the A/W certificate, registration information, etc. all included.