jeffmoreau

Well Known Member
I am using the Lord brand mounts when hanging my IO 360. Each mount has three rubber pieces. There is a gel filled insert and two "biscuits" one of which is much thicker than the other. Which biscuit is considered the hard one and which is considered the soft one. I want to make certain that I install them properly. Any help and or photos would be greatly appreciated.

The "harder" biscuit normally has a ring around it, whereas the "softer" one has no ring. The harder one goes behind the mount on top and between the engine & mount on the bottom. Easy way to remember is that the harder mount is in compression when on the ground.

The "harder" biscuit normally has a ring around it, whereas the "softer" one has no ring. The harder one goes behind the mount on top and between the engine & mount on the bottom. Easy way to remember is that the harder mount is in compression when on the ground.

Not to be a dummy but what exactly do you mean by a ring. Is that the mound that appears to be squashed down a bit? One of my lord mounts has that appearance and the other one has a smooth surface.

Last edited:
Thanks

Jeff, you should EASILY be able to tell which one is hard and which is the soft one.. the difference is huge.. you can try "squishing it" and you'll see what I mean :)

Here's a photo of the hard donut:

http://picasaweb.google.com/n777ty/Plenum/photo#5120436977792847474

Notice the "ring" in the rubber (outside surface is not "straight")

I appreciate it very much. I see the ring molded in that you are speaking of.
Just wanted to be safe rather than sorry.
:eek:

Which LORD?

I have been trying to determine the correct LORD mounts to purchase for my -9A with IO-360 engine. Checked for charts at AERO, Aircrafters, Chief as well as the LORD websites and no joy. I CAN find reference sheets for the RV-3, RV-4, RV-6 and RV-8.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

-49's will work as well. I talked with a Lord eng as I was fortunate enough to get an unbelievable deal on a set of 4 of the J9613-49. He said they were identical to the the -40s, just one was made for Mooney (-40) and then Cessna decided they wanted some (-49).

Different....

-49's will work as well. I talked with a Lord eng as I was fortunate enough to get an unbelievable deal on a set of 4 of the J9613-49. He said they were identical to the the -40s, just one was made for Mooney (-40) and then Cessna decided they wanted some (-49).

Well - not exactly - one of the three parts is different between the two part numbers. I wish Lord would give more real details...

See my post from last night on this exact subject....

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=206588&postcount=11

gil A

I just asked Sue and Bart at Aero Sport Power. They said the J9613-49's were the correct ones, although these are, as noted above, apparently the same as the J9613-40's. (Not sure if it matters, but my engine is an 0-320-D2A.)

At Skygeek.com, the -40s are $10 less each than the -49's. Sometimes the opposite is true. Still looking for deals though.

Last edited:
LORD only knows...

I just spoke with Jesse at A.E.R.O. and he confirms that the recommended mount for both the -320 and -360 engines with dyno -1 mounts is the J-9613-40 mount.

He is checking to see what the best price he can sell these for and will let me know. They had a sale over the X-mas holidays for 1/3 off the retail price. I doubt they can still offer that discount but I will pass on the discount he offers.

I just spoke with Jesse at A.E.R.O. and he confirms that the recommended mount for both the -320 and -360 engines with dyno -1 mounts is the J-9613-40 mount.

He is checking to see what the best price he can sell these for and will let me know. They had a sale over the X-mas holidays for 1/3 off the retail price. I doubt they can still offer that discount but I will pass on the discount he offers.
That would be great, Bret. I'm ready to buy if there's a deal to be had.

AERO "special" for LORD Mounts

I just heard from Jesse at AERO. He was able to arrange a discounted price for the J-9613-40 LORD mounts. Each mount is regular price of $101.07. Here is his note:

We will do an RV special at 95.35 each. I only have the -40's in stock
at this time and replacements take me 27 weeks to get from Lord. It is a
hard product line because of the extremely long lead-time. I did get the
special price approved so if you post it have them mention that they saw
it on the VAF Forums.

I noticed that they currently have 63 in stock (enough for 15 engines). Below is his contact info:

Jesse Robinson
A.E.R.O. Inc.
www.aeroinstock.com
Superflite, Inc.
www.superflite.com
3701 Hwy 162
Granite City, IL 62040
618-797-6630 ext 228
800-362-3044 ext 228
618-931-0613 (fax)

Skygeek still has them for 99.50 each too.

I just heard from Jesse at AERO. He was able to arrange a discounted price for the J-9613-40 LORD mounts. Each mount is regular price of $101.07. Here is his note:

I noticed that they currently have 63 in stock (enough for 15 engines). Below is his contact info:

Jesse Robinson
A.E.R.O. Inc.
www.aeroinstock.com
Superflite, Inc.
www.superflite.com
3701 Hwy 162
Granite City, IL 62040
618-797-6630 ext 228
800-362-3044 ext 228
618-931-0613 (fax)

Gil

Thanks.

What's with people these days, I asked the engineer 3 times if he was looking at the drawing and was 100% sure that the two were identical and he said yes 3 times. I guess I was lucky enough to get all 4 for $200 so if they don't work out I am not out as much $$.

Well - not exactly - one of the three parts is different between the two part numbers. I wish Lord would give more real details...

See my post from last night on this exact subject....

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=206588&postcount=11

gil A