dmaib

Well Known Member
I am attempting to install the LoPresti wingtip HID kit and I also have the
SafeAir1 tip tanks. I would like to talk with anyone who has installed or is planning to install this combination.

Talk to me...

I was planning on orderign the LP kit as well for a -7. Are there major issues?

jim

I was the first to install the lights in an RV10. I had no trouble at all with the install. It will be very close to the tip tanks. but works fine. Search the thread, there was one that had real trouble with tank interferance. You will love the lights!!!!!!!!!
Jim
140 hrs.

No RV model for LoPresit light

I found the website for these lights but no listing for any model of RVs. What model of light did you guys use and or adapt for your RVs. I am building an RV-8A and need to figure out a light system. Trying to get all the ideas I can at this point. Any help would be appreciated, pictures as well.

Cheers

I am the guy that was having and STILL have major interference with the tanks. I modified the bracket by taking off the 90 degree bend all the way to the light hole. Then, it would fit. I sent the modified bracket to LoPresti and they have decided they cannot help me. My SafeAir1 tip tanks and Vans wingtips are absolutely stock and per the instructions. I would really be interested to know if there are any other installations besides Jim W. with the tip tank/LoPresti combination on the -10. I would appreciate any photos.

P.S.
The kit would fit great if I did not have the tip tanks. I love the lights and really hope I can come up with a solution. I don't really mind modifying the brackets myself, but the kit is very expensive and I would like to make sure that I am not making some mistake here.