I just saw this on AOPA ePILOT.

Fifty-four communities throughout the country are seeking the plant that LoPresti Speed Merchants will build to produce its LoPresti Fury, based on the SwiftFury that was first offered in 1989 but never built. R.J. Siegel, the Vero Beach company's vice president of operations who is now based in Wisconsin, said the initial investment in the plant is $28 million. Interested communities have provided property and capital as incentives. The first year's production of 60 aircraft is sold out. The aircraft will have a base price of $295,000. Siegel predicted the aircraft will have an indicated cruise speed of 215 mph (186 knots) using a Lycoming IO-360 engine.

I am thinking $295K is a lot of money when you can build an RV7 that is almost as fast, aerobatic with all the panel goodies you want for less than 1/3 of that. OK so you don't get the sexy retract but you will never land gear up either. Even if you don't want to build one you can have your pick of 7 or 8's for just over $100K, and do your own maintenance.

P.S. I am taking the Sport Air RV class in May @ Oshkosh anyone else signed up?

Just Do It

john kelley said:
SwiftFury that was first offered in 1989 but never built. .........will have an indicated cruise speed of 215 mph (186 knots) using a Lycoming IO-360 engine.

I am thinking $295K is a lot of money when you can build an RV7 that is almost as fast, aerobatic with all the panel goodies you want for less than 1/3 of that. OK so you don't get the sexy retract but you will never land gear up either. Even if you don't want to build one you can have your pick of 7 or 8's for just over $100K, and do your own maintenance.

P.S. I am taking the Sport Air RV class in May @ Oshkosh anyone else signed up?
Swiftfury is a nice looking plane but $295k sounds like a hard sell for a two seater 186kts.

SPORT AIR RV CLASS @ Oshkosh, I won't be there but DO IT. It is a blast. Win, place or show, or just show up its a life long memory and FUN! :D (what are you going to fly?)

G

Enjoy the Museum while there an go have dinner at Kodiak Jack's. It's across on the west side of 41 near the Walmart. Great food and atmosphere. The RV assembly seminar is really great.

Roberta

RV class

I have been to Osh every year since 85, love the museum. Just got current last year, after a long 18 year break, in a C-140. All the kids (13,10, 8 and 4) have been up and love flying so I have added incentive and some additional help. Plans are for a SB RV-7, slider, 0-360 CS, basic IFR. Have thought about it for a long time and don't want to be 60 still thinking about it.