ChrisL

Hello everyone,
After 26 months of planning and deliberating, I finally took the plunge. The RV-7 Empenage showed up this afternoon, so it looks like I should be riveting by the weekend. I am really excited to get started and have loved this site for it's daily inspiration. Doug - your $25 is on it's way.

boxes.jpg

I'm sure I'll be posting plenty of dumb questions so keep an eye out for me - I am going to finish this thing if it kills me...

Chris

congrats!

Now, was that debur, acid etch, alodine, cleco, drill, rivet or was it edge debur, cleco, drill, de-cleko, hole debur, dimple, acid etch, alodine, prime, rivet, sleep? :D most important...have fun...it a hobby too!

I see you've chosen to drag tail...so you're past the nose vs. tailwheel debate.

Next up: alodine, prime, both or neither?

Later on: Slider or tip-up?

Start working on your answers now; you're going to be asked those questions quite a bit going forward! Good luck and have fun!

Join the battle

Hello everyone,
snip
I am going to finish this thing if it kills me...

Chris

Congratulations and good luck.

One year and one month ago today I was exactly where you are. Today I'm working on engine baffles.

I've lost some battles but I think I'm winning the war. I ain't dead yet!

I'll never forget the excitement of getting cut by the first piece I pulled out of my tail kit! I knew then it was only the beginning...