Threetracker

My wife Carrie and I stopped by Vans to partake of a demo-ride or two yesterday. As any of you that have flown the 12 know it was quite a treat. I am also ready to predict that there will be at least two 12's ready to head off to Oshkosh...if the 2K's and Van wish for it to happen. You should expect to see the Avionics order form to be available on Tuesday next week and the Rotax and prop a week later.

Just looking into my crystal ball....and I really believe that Van wants to make good on 'an aircraft or three at Oshkosh'.

Jay Sluiter
N124CS
yup...would love to be one of those 12's at Oshkosh

My wife Carrie and I stopped by Vans to partake of a demo-ride or two yesterday. As any of you that have flown the 12 know it was quite a treat. I am also ready to predict that there will be at least two 12's ready to head off to Oshkosh...if the 2K's and Van wish for it to happen. You should expect to see the Avionics order form to be available on Tuesday next week and the Rotax and prop a week later.

Just looking into my crystal ball....and I really believe that Van wants to make good on 'an aircraft or three at Oshkosh'.

Jay Sluiter
N124CS
yup...would love to be one of those 12's at Oshkosh

Hmmmmmm. You must have had your ear to a closed door! Good work!

I can believe it ! ! ! !

I'm sure they do not want to hear all the people asking those very questions at Oshkosh. Even if rushed, they will likely offer them before then. Delivery dates are another issue. That's my story - - - - - .

John Bender

Did they mention replacement of the fuel glass that is losing its sight on the red one?

When I visited Van's a couple weeks back, I spoke with Joe about the tank window. I did not see any crazing when I looked at the tank. Joe indicated the crazing developed in a vapor situation within the tank. As explained to me...when the tank is kept full, there was no problem...if the tank is kept stored partly full, the vapor that develops in the tank is what caused the problem. (Joe said they had finished a day of demo rides, then trailered the -12 back to the factory with a nearly empty tank.

Did the crazing of the fuel window then develop in 1 day?? Did they disassemble and replace the fuel window or build another tank??

When I visited Van's a couple weeks back, I spoke with Joe about the tank window. I did not see any crazing when I looked at the tank. Joe indicated the crazing developed in a vapor situation within the tank. As explained to me...when the tank is kept full, there was no problem...if the tank is kept stored partly full, the vapor that develops in the tank is what caused the problem. (Joe said they had finished a day of demo rides, then trailered the -12 back to the factory with a nearly empty tank.

hmmmm.......not sure they would have even told us in the first place if they didn't plan on a fix of some sort. And I'm like John, I can't see them wanting to rush planes to Oshkosh when people are up in the air on whether to complete their fuel tank (me!) or expect new parts (many of you). Personally I wish they would have just welded one in the first place and sent it complete.

Did the crazing of the fuel window then develop in 1 day?? Did they disassemble and replace the fuel window or build another tank??

Sorry Marty, I can't remember where they were trailering the 12 from. I got the impression it was a multi-day trip (sun&fun?), and the gas vapor increased in the empty tank during the trip. My understanding was that the crazing of the window by itself was not a safety issue.

I know you guys are close to finishing, but my take-away was that Van's will do the right thing for everyone. Not sure what that is, but I'm convinced it'll happen.

Dang!...I missed by a day!

Well...my crystal ball was polished just a little better than I thought it might be...Van's put the Avionics order form on line a day sooner than I said they would. I am not surprised with the pricing and I'm not complaining either...the Avionics are first class and although I'd like a 696 instead of a 496...I'll just put one in my next RV-12.

Now let's see if we get Rotax order forms next week?

Jay Sluiter
N124CS
S12...Albany, OR

Yeah Jay, thanks! I even went and cleared out my credit card just in case you were right. Good job. Now tell me who's going to win the super bowl this year. Did you say "the Cowboys!"? Right again!