brian257

Well Known Member
I would like to do a big wall sectional chart in my house or hanger with pins in all the airports I have visited. Pasting together sectionals is a little too big and the VFR planning chart does not have all of the smaller airports on it and it is too small. Does anyone know of a big chart of the entire U.S. that has all of the airports that are on the sectionals including private airports? It does not exist as far as I know.

Alternatively I can have one printed, but the files from the FAA are all individual charts and it would be a lot of work to somehow stitch the files together into one big printable file. The sites like Skyvector that have them stitched already don't have a way that I know of to output the whole thing in high res as one big JPG or PDF.

I would like to do a big wall sectional chart in my house or hanger with pins in all the airports I have visited. Pasting together sectionals is a little too big and the VFR planning chart does not have all of the smaller airports on it and it is too small. Does anyone know of a big chart of the entire U.S. that has all of the airports that are on the sectionals including private airports? It does not exist as far as I know.

Alternatively I can have one printed, but the files from the FAA are all individual charts and it would be a lot of work to somehow stitch the files together into one big printable file. The sites like Skyvector that have them stitched already don't have a way that I know of to output the whole thing in high res as one big JPG or PDF.

This one should be close -

http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/7920

FAA chart at 3 ft by 5 ft. Has a lot of private airports on, including our Airpark. Don't know if it has all though...

Or are you looking for bigger than 3x5 ft?

Thanks, but the problem with that one, like the other planning charts I have found, is that it only has runways over 4,000'.

Not sure on the size I need, but I am thinking that to have all the small airports and have it readable I will be looking at something at least 5' X 8' or bigger. My guess is that the only way I am going to get that is to find an electronic file and have it printed.

Thanks Craig. Looks like they can do custom ones with either sectional or WAC data and they should be able to print just what I need in the size I want. I will check with them Monday and see what it will cost for what I want and see if they have a volume discount for a group buy.

Thanks Craig. Looks like they can do custom ones with either sectional or WAC data and they should be able to print just what I need in the size I want. I will check with them Monday and see what it will cost for what I want and see if they have a volume discount for a group buy.
Please let know what you find out, Thanks!