MNRVFlyer

Well Known Member
Hi,

I'm looking for a strobe/power supply unit for a single strobe (one bulb/power supply per wing) and one in the tail as opposed to 3 strobe bulbs with only one power supply that feeds lots of bulbs. I think there is one that even has a wire that connects all of the supplies so that they flash at once. Thanks!!

MNRVFlyer said:
strobe/power supply unit for a single strobe
Paul,

This is what I'd like as well. The closest I have found is the Nova Quickstrobe but as far as I know it cannot be wired to others to synch.

3 @ $40 ea. is competitive with a single supply and shielded wiring, and avoids the large quantity of shielded wire which I consider a major plus.

I personally don't care about synching, so my only real concern is that it is only 12 watts. I'm hoping someone can chime in with experience/data regarding its effectiveness.

George

Nova Quickstrobes

I just got my Quickstrobes today. As soon as Jeff makes my nav lights, I'll let you know how they work.

Hi,

I'm looking for a strobe/power supply unit for a single strobe (one bulb/power supply per wing) and one in the tail as opposed to 3 strobe bulbs with only one power supply that feeds lots of bulbs. I think there is one that even has a wire that connects all of the supplies so that they flash at once. Thanks!!
Paul-
Out of curiousity, why do you want to do this? I've been thinking about doing the same thing to avoid having the long runs of heavy strobe cable, but are there any other advantages? As an avionics/electrical guy, I figured you'd know!

BTW, your transponder sure looks good in my panel!

Nova Quickstrobe

I tested the Quickstrobe today with my KE Strobe combo LED/strobe tail light. The Quickstrobe individual power supply puts out 70 flashes per minute. The strobes are plenty bright enough, even at 12 watts. Of course, it'll be a while before I can test them in the air.