ken28117

Does anyone know of a fiberglass training class along the lines of what Ron Alexander use to have for Empennage Building. Video training classed on DVD might be a good second choice but there is no substituting hands on training

Once upon a time a great many followers of a man called Burt wished to build wings of glass and glue. The great and wise Burt knew they had fear in their hearts, so he created the holy exercises; all devotees were directed to build The Bookends and The Stick They Could Not Break. The Bookends impressed their wives with the great beauty and usefulness of the wonderous material, while The Stick dispersed their secret fears of one-winged death.

How to conduct the holy exercises were explained in an odd collection of typewritten pages with goofy pencil drawings....as this was before homebuilders could attend training classes, and the internet was not yet a gleam in Al Gore's eye:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/bvpages/moldless.php

It's all you need. Just do it.

Dan....Thanks.

On Order

Oh....and on the bending of the forward rudder skins......you were right. I just went and "Did IT"

Ken,

Check your email. We have some very good composit guys in the Charlotte EAA chapter 309.

Give me a call when you get a chance.

SportAir Class

I did the SportAir composites (fiberglass) class and was happy I did. Maybe a little overkill for an aluminum airplane but I love learning new skills so I very much enjoyed it. Its not rocket science, you can learn on your own but this class will give you more confidence and a quicker learning curve to get up to speed with the stuff.