Cindy

I'm New Here
Hello,
I live in North Phoenix, all of two years now. I am looking for partner(S) for possibly an RV. I owned C182 for years and was thinking of C172 until some good friends were saying buy an RV.

I have to admit, I never rode in one but they sound great.

Any groups or friendly pilots would like to take me for a ride. Happy to pay you for the ride. I live four miles from Deer Valley.

Hope to hear from someone. I have been in the aviation world for many years and have not met any friends who are interested in flying. I do miss it.

Thanks
Cindy

Welcome to VAF!

Cindy------
welcome.gif
aboard the good ship VAF.

There is another lady pilot down in the Tucson area, flies a RV 6. Cathy Page, send her a PM maybe??? http://www.vansairforce.com/community/member.php?u=3705

I can't believe I beat Mike Starkey to this. Ha!

Oh well, at least another Mike was on the job :D

Last edited:
Cindy,
We'll make it 3 Mikes in a row. Welcome to VAF! :D
Tom and Katie Velvick live in Peoria, and have a couple of flying RV-4's and an RV-6A somewhere in the finishing stage. Neither one frequents the forums, but they are very active in the AZ RV community. I don't have their email addresses here at work, so I will send you a PM this evening with some contact info.

Edit 18:49 EDT: Cindy, sent you a PM as promised.

Last edited:
Thank you

Thank you for the responses. Sorry it took so long to respond. I thought I was going to get emails if I got responses and just checked back.

I have not flown in an RV and not having great luck finding someone to take me. (lack of knowing anyone or where to go).

If anyone is in the North Phoenix area please let me know.

I am only in town until December 4th and gone through the 20th. Weekends would only work since I work during daylight hours during the week.

Thank you. Very excited to get in the group.
Cindy

Thank you for the responses. Sorry it took so long to respond. I thought I was going to get emails if I got responses and just checked back.

I have not flown in an RV and not having great luck finding someone to take me. (lack of knowing anyone or where to go).

Cindy

I sent a buddy in the Chandler area a link to this thread, he might be able to help you. He flies out of Stellar Airpark.

As far as email notifications, you need to subscribe to the thread. After you type your response, scroll down below the "Submit Reply" button, and there is a block of options you can set up.

Katie and Tom Velvick

I am only in town until December 4th and gone through the 20th. Weekends would only work since I work during daylight hours during the week.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Tom and Katie Velvick are on the forums. I think they are based at Goodyear. She has a RV4 that she can give you a ride. LOTS of RV's at Deer Valley. Someone will chime in and get you set up with a ride.

Cindy (my Cindy) and I (Nick) live in Prescott. Be glad to give you flights in the RV9A. Either up here... or could meet at KDVT. We work full time.. so you would have to be flexible. Send us a PM