WingedFrog

Well Known Member
I'm not sure this is the right place, so forgive me.
I am currently on the fence between SONEX and RV12. My options are full ownership/building of a SONEX or 1/2 ownership/building of an RV12. I have researched both planes and would be happy with either (although more so with the RV!). The only problem is my budget but as 1/2 RV is plenty enough of flying, why not go for the best? The issue is how to find a good "pardner"?
If anybody has a suggestion on how to proceed to find one, I would appreciate.
FYI: I'm living in Raleigh, NC.

Welcome to VAF

I would contact the local EAA chapter and spread the word there also.

Good luck!

Hi there...my name is Noel...

...I am a member of EAA Chapter 1114, we meet at Cox field in Apex on the 3rd Saturday of each month.

On the first Friday evening of each month (6pm) we have a builders meeting for an hour to show off "items" and Q & A's., followed by an aviation related movie.

Presently there is a Sonex (built by chapter member Michael Crowder) in one of the "T" hangers on the field. There have been several folks at recent meetings expressing an interest in partnering to build an RV-12.

Contact information for the chapter (and newsletters) are available at
eaa1114.org

This is a very useful news. I am an EAA member and I will get in contact with the chapter located at Cox field. I was aware of their existence and intended to get in touch sometime but this information will accelerate my visit.
Thank you for your suggestion.

And to say again...

...our builders meeting is this Friday evening at 6:00pm. We usually have a dozen or so show up for this meeting. Our regular breakfast and chapter meetings on the 3rd Saturday bring in 100+ chapter members and guest.

Hope to see you Friday night...