Ron B.

Well Known Member
After spending two nights searching unsucessfully for photos and discription of a rudder trim mod. I saw on this forum somewhere, I'm looking for help finding them. I only find the one that uses a piano hinge type trim mounted on the trailing edge with a servo and one other with a section cut out of the rudder and the trim tab filled the cutout and was mounted with a piano hinge.
The trim I'm researching also had a cutout in the rudder but the front of the trim tab itself was round like the front of the rudder. It must have had hinge pins instead of using piano hinges and on each side (on the rudder) the alum. would house the trim tab to form a gapseal type of appearence. Hard to explain but hopefully someone will know what I'm looking for.
Thanks Ron
Tailcone kit halfway here due Jan. 09/08

Thanks for the help, and your 100% correct, Tim's site is very good. But it only describes the first style of trim I was trying to describe. I'll keep looking. Perhaps it was installed on another model RV!!!
Ron

Ray Doerr's RV-10 Rudder Trim

Ron,

This was featured on the front page of the site a few weeks back. Maybe it's what you're referring to.

b,
dr

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?p=178786

trimpics.jpg

This was the second trim mod. I was describing. I only came across the trim mod. site that I am looking for once early on, in my research. I was very impressed with the looks and had not researched it's design and/or feasibility.
I'll keep looking.
Thanks Ron

This was the second trim mod. I was describing. I only came across the trim mod. site that I am looking for once early on, in my research. I was very impressed with the looks and had not researched it's design and/or feasibility.
I'll keep looking.
Thanks Ron

If/when you do find it, please post a link here for the rest of us.

Thanks,

Rudder trim in bottom fairing

Ron, here are photos of a way to install electric rudder trim in the bottom fiberglass fairing. This is a RV-6A kit that I bought. Work is by another builder.

Regards,
Mike Stephenson
Lubbock, TX

Well , I finally found what I was looking for. Problem was it was not a rudder trim , but an aileron trim. I don't know how to post the link for the thread , but it's under GAHco and Custom Aileron trim tab. Seems impressive to a newbie. Could this design be used for rudder trim?
Sorry for the missleading.
Thanks Ron

here you go--------

Well , I finally found what I was looking for. Problem was it was not a rudder trim , but an aileron trim. I don't know how to post the link for the thread , but it's under GAHco and Custom Aileron trim tab. Seems impressive to a newbie. Could this design be used for rudder trim?
Sorry for the missleading.
Thanks Ron

Ron, thanks to your info, I found it.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=14993