DaX

Well Known Member
I've searched and can't find it - someone did a writeup somewhere (maybe even on their build log?) for a fancy little tool they made from PVC to assist in installing rod ends into the control surfaces where they act as hinges.

I'd really like to make one for myself - if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful!

I've searched and can't find it - someone did a writeup somewhere (maybe even on their build log?) for a fancy little tool they made from PVC to assist in installing rod ends into the control surfaces where they act as hinges.

I'd really like to make one for myself - if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful!

Here is my version:

http://thervjournal.com/odd-ends.html#bearing tool

shop-15.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys - that's what I was looking for. Didn't realize Avery sells one - I may just buy that.

I use a Gator Grip I bought at WalMart for less than $10. Works perfect without scratching up the bearings.
Best part is that it is a 3/8 socket and you can use it in tight places with an extension.

DaX:
Follow link below and look under tools...PVC tool is very easily built. In fact, it was so easy, I took the time to waste...and painted it...
Actual instructional link was on Dan C. website....