Dbro172

Well Known Member
I'm looking for some comments and photos from anyone who has used the rustoleum hammered finish products on their interior.

I found some threads from builders but not much follow up from those who have been flying with it.

I've done some mockup panels and I really like both the silver and dark bronze color and texture. It does seem to take an extremely long time to dry to a durable finish and even after weeks I question the hardness of the final product...

Thoughts/photos would be cool.

Thanks

Rustoleum

I used it in my interior as well. although I can't speak to its long term durability I can say that it's held up well to the wear and tear of building. I haven't protected it as I should have and it is none the worse for wear. One thing that I did notice though is that Rustoleum's colors vary greatly between batches. Buy all you will need plus some, from one supplier and at the same time.

I painted my interior with it, though not flying yet, I get in and out a lot. It is very durable. Just let it dry a long time before using it. I does dry to a hard durable finish. I used the hammered blue on mine and would use it again. It looks cool to the wife so thats a real plus:D.

bird

dark bronze

Painted my interior entirely with the dark bronze and have over 2 years of flying (250 hrs) and it has held up very well. Good luck