trib

Well Known Member
I recently purchased a used exhaust system from Paul Story from the classified adds forum. I've never had any issues and good success here. Paul was great to talk with and mentioned he also assembles panels for SteinAir. Only problem is he cashed the check I sent him on Nov 18, I haven't received the exhaust system and have phoned, left voice mail messages and email messages for the past 3 weeks and have not heard from him. Leaves me with a couple of possibilities

1) Paul is injured or ill and unable to contact me, :(
2) Paul is on an extended Holiday break and just didn't take care of the exhaust before he left and didn't let me know this would occur, :confused:
3) Paul is not very reliable or not interested in fulfilling his obligation to ship the components I paid him for in good faith. :mad:

None of the above options are desirable (as you can see there are no smiley faces) and I've held off looking for help in resolving this, but if you know Paul or how to get in touch with him I'd appreciate any help. I sincerely hope he is well and there is another possibility I'm overlooking, but I have been unable to get in touch since agreeing to purchase the exhaust and sending him a check.

thanks guys

757-523-5885

Tim,

Paul did in fact send our your exhaust....at least it left my shop. Anyway, I'll check in on it for you tomorrow.

FYI...Paul was absent for awhile between the holidays. Not to make excuses, but he had a death in the family (the kid was only 19) so you can understand why he was out of the loop for a little bit.

I'll look in on this for you myself tomorrow. You can always contact me for assistance. I can tell you 1st hand the Paul is a top notch and stand up guy. He wouldn't be working for me if he wasn't....

Cheers,
Stein.

Found Paul Story

Stein,

Thanks for your reply. I talked with Paul a couple of times and had little doubt he was a "stand up guy". I was afraid something of this nature was the problem and figured I'd go to our large group of stand up guys to see what was causing my inability to contact Paul. His brother Alan sent me a message with the events and offered to immediately ship the exhaust. Below is my response:

Alan,

Thanks for getting back with me on the exhaust. I'm extremely sorry to here about the family death and send my best wishes to you, Paul and your family. I talked with Paul a couple of times and it was my pleasure. I was afraid something of this nature might be the cause of the communication problem and definitely hold no ill feelings for any delays. I'm not to the point where I need the exhaust and you can send it when convienent. I would however appreciate a reply which would give me some sort of time frame so I would know when to expect the exhaust or suspect there might be some issue causing a delay. I was mostly concerned that I could not get in touch after a couple of weeks of attempts so figured someone in our RV community would know what the real story (no pun intended) was. I feel particularly for your family for an event such as this to happen during the holidays as I'm sure it is somewhat more difficult.

with warmest regards,
Tim

I've never had any issues dealing with anyone on this forum and feel fortunate to be able to communicate with each and every one of you. The advice and comradarie are second to none.

best wishes for a Happy New Year to all! :)