dbuds2

Well Known Member
Anyone know this plane and where to view more images of the design? I'm hoping to do my RV8 in a similar design.
bluesilver.jpg

that was built by chris sands in arizona, google "chris sands rv-7" for more pictures, he is a master builder

No Joy

Thanks for the name of the owner and found a nice VAF thread with lavish praise about the design and found a few hits with Google, but, no additional photos. It sure is a pretty RV7 and the paint/photos are spectacular.

I'll check

He's my next door neighbor. I'll check and see if he's around today. He can probably sent you a few more. The plane resides in Texas now.

location???

I'm not sure which I'm more envious of..the plane ( work of art!) or the idea that he probably lives right on the other side of the wall in the fabulous hacienda!
..anyone know if this is an airpark? ( that mere mortals can't likely afford?) :)

I'm not sure which I'm more envious of..the plane ( work of art!) or the idea that he probably lives right on the other side of the wall in the fabulous hacienda!
..anyone know if this is an airpark? ( that mere mortals can't likely afford?) :)

It is an Airpark alright. A very nice one at that. It's Stellar Airpark in Chandler, Arizona to be exact. www.stellarairpark.org I'm sure Darwin can elaborate. :D

(I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous.)

..by invitation only?

...just as I feared, even the runway is too dang pretty to land on!
I imagine it's like one of those fancy golf courses, where you have to replace your divots....at Stellar, you go out with a Mr.Clean Magic eraser, and remove the tire scuff marks from the white centreline! :) ( the locals get real good at landing only on the black parts!)
I think i'd like to go there when I die....how much for a heavenly hangar with a/c?

Open to the public

Stellar (P19) is privately owned but open to the public. Yes it is beautiful. Usually gas is pretty competitive, but it is a little high right now $5.59.

Stellar is unique in that it is very urban. We have a major shopping mall 5 minutes away and every restaurant known to man nearby. I can be in my seat at the movies in 8 minutes from my house. Also next to the major freeways for easy driving.

Lots of RV activity as well.

Feel free to stop by. Most of us that build incorporate a 15 minute rule if you do stop in. That means, if you are there more than 15 minutes you get put to work. You're holding us up:eek: Just kidding. Come by anytime. Drinks are always cold!!!

...just as I feared, even the runway is too dang pretty to land on!
I imagine it's like one of those fancy golf courses, where you have to replace your divots....at Stellar, you go out with a Mr.Clean Magic eraser, and remove the tire scuff marks from the white centreline! :) ( the locals get real good at landing only on the black parts!)
I think i'd like to go there when I die....how much for a heavenly hangar with a/c?