gnielse

I'm New Here
OK Folks, I need a little help.

I need to find new mags for my engine. I have has Bendix S4LN-1227 and S4L(illegible, but I assume it?s an N) -1209 mags now. Unfortunately they don?t fit my firewall. I need an impulse coupling, and narrower profile. I think newer Slicks and -200 series Bendix would work, but I need more details on part numbers and the differences between them. I?ll have buy new harnesses, so that?s not an issue. What are my options? What are the differences between the Slick 4200 and 4300 mags? I have a shop that did a lot of the stuff for my engine that has offered a great deal on any of the cores they have, but I need to know what will work.

Thanks for any input.

Grant

Welcome Grant.

I have Slick 4373 impulse mags on both sides, works great. What is involved in changing from Bendix to Slick I don?t know.

mags

Bendix numbers, model S4LN21, part number 10-51360-30 or -37, (impulse mag) model S4LN20(non impulse) pn 10-51360-29. You will need a spacer for the left mag. If you go to Slicks you will need new plug wire harnesses or possibly you can change the caps on the harness and use your existing harness.

Slick mags

I have a pair of slick mags 4370/4371 to trade for your Bendix mags.
I can arrange overhaul of my mags with Waylon at Magneto ER.
Don Adamson