Has anyone with a UPS AT GX-50/60/65 panel mount GPS been able to change the ground speed readout from knots to MPH? I'm trying to finish a ground speed calibration series and it would be easier if the flight instruments and GPS had the same speed readouts. I looked through the installation and operating manuals and didn't find any information on changing KNOTS to MPH. Anyone ever done this? If so how did you do it?

Dean Psiropoulos
RV-6A N197DM
Flying and finishing touches

From the GX60 user manual:

Setting Units of Measurement

Nav displays that show distance may be selected to show either nautical miles, statute miles, or kilometers.

1. In the Navigation section of the System function, turn the LARGE knob to the Nav Mode Display Pages.

2. Turn the SMALL knob to reach a programmable Nav page.

3. Press SEL to start field selection. Turn the LARGE knob to the desired field.

4. Turn the SMALL knob to select the field with different units. Press ENTER to save the changes. Press SEL to stop editing and ignore any changes.​

Hope that helps!

--Paul

Thanks Paul

I thought I'd seen that somewhere in the manual when I did my electrical checkout but I looked and looked last weekend and could not find it again. That makes my life a lot easier. Regards

Deltamike