p51dplt

Well Known Member
Hey guys,

I'm looking for ideas as to how and where/how you put your switch and breaker panels. I am looking to upgrade my current panel to a full Dynon suite coupled with a Garmin 430W. Layout and flow is important and I am looking for ideas on what you like/dislike and why.

Thanks for the photos and ideas!

Cheers,
Brant

Simple Layout

Hey guys,

I'm looking for ideas as to how and where/how you put your switch and breaker panels. I am looking to upgrade my current panel to a full Dynon suite coupled with a Garmin 430W. Layout and flow is important and I am looking for ideas on what you like/dislike and why.

Thanks for the photos and ideas!

Cheers,
Brant

Brant,

This layout might seem too simplistic for an experienced war-bird driver like yourself, but I have ~ 850 hours behind this panel and have been extremely happy with it. First, I used ATO (automotive type) blade fuses instead of breakers. I kept the switch layout as simple as possible with the flight related switches on the left side of the panel and lighting switches on the right side console. I have never had a fuse blow in flight. I tried to make this layout as clean and ergonomic as possible. I have 1 breaker for the alternator field because this has crowbar over-voltage protection on it.

Skylor
RV-8
Reno Sport #80

DSC_2832small.JPG