joeboisselle

Well Known Member
There was a thread a couple months ago about Outlaw Aircraft, and as to whethor or not Gary Barber was a reliable source for engine parts. Well, apparently the company name is no pun. I bought a wide deck o-360 overhauled (no yellow tag) cylinder from him a few months ago, and it's beautiful, looks brand new. I had 3 other cylinders in storage that I didn't realize were narrow deck, and I need wide deck. I contacted Gary and we agreed to exchange, I sent him mine and several weeks later now, havn't seen or heard anything from him. Emails, phone calls/messages get no responce. I did talk to him about 2 weeks ago, but couldn't get any strait answers from him. Any help in getting ahold of him would be appriciated!

Go to "Airboat Trader" he has a add in the parts section. You might want to check out "Southern Airboat Forum" and submit a inquiry. He has been advertising for a long time in the airboat circles.
Gerry Chancey
Rv-9, N92GC
J-3, NC88583
Airboat; Rivermaster 0470

Thanks guys,
I put a "theft alert" on barnstormers and apparently someone called him and notified him of it. I've gotten a dozen emails in the last 48 hours about him and nobody's had anything nice to say yet. He emailed me this morning and had a b.s. story about sending them 2 weeks ago, but the came back when I denied the c.o.d. charges...he's been trying to get ahold of me and he's been on vacation the last 2 weeks. Either way, I should have cylinders by Friday and this thread is here for posterity. I hate to take problems like this public, but... :(

Last edited:
Outlaw outlawed (memorised)

I put a "theft alert" on barnstormers and apparently someone called him and notified him of it. I've gotten a dozen emails in the last 48 hours about him and nobody's had anything nice to say yet. He emailed me this morning and had a b.s. story about sending them 2 weeks ago, but the came ba I hate to take problems like this public, but... :([/QUOTE] Outlaw Aviation aggressively advertises as a reputable aero repair source. Since you had a problem, this is exactly where your posting needs to be.

Time for a list

I know Doug is / was concerned about being sued by some Subaru engine vendor when he first started the site, so he took a thread down. I understand, but I respectfully submit we have a not-preferred vendor list maybe.

You can always go to the state Attorney General. They usually are very good about taking and documenting complaints, which are public record. Than there is the BBB. Good idea to check these sources before doing business with someone. With the web its easy to check.