snoopyflys

Well Known Member
For those times when one misses a rivet or two and can no longer access it with a squeezer / bucking bar, I was wondering if anyone has a cross-reference for using a pulled rivet to replace a solid rivet? For example, what type of blind rivet would I use to replace a AN426AD3 or an AN470AD3 solid rivet?

Generally you cant replace a solid rivet for a blind rivet because of strength, you can go stronger but not weaker, however for the odd rivet here and there I'd suggest using a Alloy Cheri Max rivet, I cant remember the full part number. I'm sure someone out there will know the part numbers.

Cheers,

Nick.

According to Vans, the MK319-BS blind rivet is acceptable to replace and AN426AD3 rivet. In fact, according to the RV-6 manual, you can use these for the entire bottom wing skin (I wouldn't though). Vans doesn't use an AN470AD3 rivet anywhere.

EDIT: If you go to the Aircraft Spruce website, they list the ccc-32 as an interchange for MK319-BS, it isn't. The ccc-32 is a smaller diameter and doesn't pull well by comparison. Good for nutplates and stuff like that, but I wouldn't use it for a structual application.

Last edited: