N24YW

Well Known Member
I am trying to find the best deal on a set of new mags for my 0-360. When I ad up the parts it seems better to replace. I seen some sights offering two mags wireing harness and champion plugs for 1795 plus they claim a rebait also. If anyone has a could place please let me know.

Jim Knight
Burlington Iowa
RV6

Mags

I order a slick Kit with mags wires and plugs. When I was ordering I found out that for some reason someone had put a 4373 mag on the engine at 500 hours. This is a 25 degree mag instead of the 20 degree mag. My question is why would this have been changed. The engine is a 0-360 A4M. I hope that the 20 degree advance mag will be okay because that is what I ordered. I do run some auto fuel in the plane mix about 50/50.

Jim Knight

The 20 & 25 degree has nothing to do with timing. It has to do with how far the mag lags at startup. The A4M is timed at 25 degrees BTC. When cranking to start the 20 degree mag will spark @ 5 degrees BTC, the 25 degree mag will spark @ TC. Either should work okay, but 25 degrees of retardation would be more correct to minimize kick back risk.