McFly

Well Known Member
For those flying behind these units, could you please give a pirep?

I was planning to mount the GPS close to the panel in my 7 (ie as near as flush as I can get). I am concerned about the lack of anexternal antenne and the 7's glare shield. Has this been an issue with signal strength?

These units will not talk to my Dynon D-10A. Correct?

Is there an inordinate amount of button pushing and/or heads down when using this unit?

Thanks for the help.

I have been flying with a Quadra for a few months...

I am a long time Anywhere map user and recently gave up my Dell Axim for the most basic Quadra model. I am rather underwhelmed. My largest gripe is that it will not connect to my bluetooth-enabled GPS receiver mounted on the roll bar of my -4. As a result, I am stuck with the Quadra's internal GPS. With the unit on my thigh, I get a sufficient of satellites to get position and airspeed, but only poor or intermittent altitude info. With the old GPS receiver on the roll bar, I always had excellent performance and data.

The graphics are not noticably better or brighter. The RV can easily out turn the map, so if you turn quickly, be prepared to wait a few seconds for the map to catch up. In fairness, this may be a limitation of all or most systems, but I don't like it.

Ease of operations, features, dependablity (so far) are all good. I elected not to buy a Garmin system as I love the fact that the Anywhere map system is completely wireless. The screen sits on my thigh and there are no wires to interfere with my flying.

Good luck,

Dean