Plevyakh

I'm New Here
Folks,
I was hoping some the A&Ps out there might help me located the correct AN part number for a Tee connector I need.

It's an AN795-2 Tee (Engine Primer Line) tee, but I want one that has the center of the Tee replaced with an AN-2 or AN-3 flare end fitting.

Does this exist?

Thanks,
Howard

AN795 Tee

The AN795 spec only shows the same size thread on each end of the tee. You can get a copy of the spec at www.everyspec.com. The part is listed in either brass or CRES. I think you are looking at silver soldering this fitting to a steel adapter.

Re: (Fuel PRIMER) Looking for AN795-2 Tee but with AN-2 or AN-3 flare on one end

Terry,
Thanks for the info. I did pull down the spec from everyspec.com earlier and that prompted my question. I could not find an AN part that has the AN800-2 "cup" style end on two sides of the Tee with the AN 37 deg compression "flare" style in the center.

I'm going to use a size -3D flexible Teflon S.S. braided hose to connect the VAN's Primer Parker Solenoid valve on the firewall to the back side of the engine. I didn't want to use the Van's 1/8 inch copper line between my Firewall and engine. Too much motion at engine start/stop and over time...over time it's going to crack.

Here's my plan...if anyone has a better idea...please share.

1) Swap out the AN795-2 (engine primer Tee) on the aft side of the engine with a Brass Female x Female x Female Tee. (see McMaster.com Part number 5799T21).

2) Install one AN780-2 primer fitting on each female side of the brass tee to accept the SS primer lines on the engine.

3) Attach my flexible SS. braided hose to the center female side of brass tee using an AN816-3D and at the primer solenoid side.

I'm going to get the hose from www.aircraftspecialty.com. I did look at TSFlightlines.com as well...but their web site has no contact number and their Facebook site phone number says it's been disconnected.

Thanks,
Howard

Last edited:
I needed a similar fitting, but also couldn't find what I wanted so I just made one. Mine isn't quite a Tee, but you get the point:

FP20012013A00016.jpg

FP20012013A00017.jpg

I have some other useful information posted here. May or may not apply to your installation, but at least a local source for the copper tube.

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=ccpeterson@y&project=754&category=7639&log=162904&row=41

Last edited:
Folks,
As a follow up to my engine primer flexible hose and fitting search...

I ended up calling TSflightlines.com for the hose I needed to replace the copper fuel primer line with a S.S. braided hose. Tom was super easy to work with and had the hose made up and shipped out 2 hrs after my phone call. Now that is SWEET Service!

Any one needing a hose should call Tom first. He'll set you up!

Tom Swearengen
TS Flightlines
2 Clovis Court
Beaufort, SC, 29906
843-271-2329 (c)
Proud Sponsor of Friends of RV-1, and Team AeroDynamix
www.tsflightlines.com

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Howard