bleaus64

I'm New Here
i’m looking for an instructor or a seasoned Vans Pilot. ideally an RV-12 but for expeditious reasons any two seater Vans would do, to get me used to light control inputs. A little bit about myself.
I’m currently a Captain at Southwest Airlines. I have flown for many airlines since the mid 90’s and have a few type ratings. I just bought an RV-12 and want to fly it back home to Melbourne. so I’m looking to see if I can find someone that I can fly with in their RV to get used to that style of flying. If anybody’s in the local area or within a short drive could you shoot me a text please at 678-939-6013. i’d pay you for your time. Thank you! Oh and my name is Mike.

i’m looking for an instructor or a seasoned Vans Pilot. ideally an RV-12 but for expeditious reasons any two seater Vans would do, to get me used to light control inputs. A little bit about myself.
I’m currently a Captain at Southwest Airlines. I have flown for many airlines since the mid 90’s and have a few type ratings. I just bought an RV-12 and want to fly it back home to Melbourne. so I’m looking to see if I can find someone that I can fly with in their RV to get used to that style of flying. If anybody’s in the local area or within a short drive could you shoot me a text please at 678-939-6013. i’d pay you for your time. Thank you! Oh and my name is Mike.
Hi Captain, welcome to VAF. A gentle reminder that - except for the -12 - Vans airplanes are usually certified as EAB (experimental amateur built) airplanes. EAB owners may not rent nor receive any compensation for the use of their airplane. Fortunately for you many RV-12’s are certified under the light sport rules and may be rented. In fact some FBO’s own and rent them out. So that’s what you’re looking for.

Thanks I appreciate that! I looked into renting, and that definitely is an option which I will consider. Thank you.