JWhat_Photo

I'm New Here
Howdy,

I live in Corpus Christi, Texas and I am beginning my search for a CFI for and RV. Either an RV-12 or RV-14. Most of the instructors I have found so far, only do your typical C172/SR22 training. Anyone know of any RV instructors anywhere from San Antonio-Austin-Houston-Victoria-Corpus-Harlingen-Brownsville area?

Thanks so much!

The 12 and the 14 are very different airplanes. I’d suggest deciding which you want before looking for a cfi.

That's quite a big difference between the 12 and 14. Not to say that any/all training isn't good, but the 12 and 14 are worlds apart with regards to performance and flight characteristics. I think a few questions need to be answered first before being able to narrow it down to finding an instructor.

1. Are you already a pilot and looking for transition training?…or are you new to the game?
2. Is this just for insurance purposes?
3. What's your mission?
4. Which airplane are you actually interested in?

I am just trying to see if I can even find an instructor in the area

Yes. I know they are very different aircraft. I am trying to see if I can even find an instructor to begin with. Most CFI’s I find are just in 172’s/182’s/SR-22’s

Howdy,

I live in Corpus Christi, Texas and I am beginning my search for a CFI for and RV. Either an RV-12 or RV-14. Most of the instructors I have found so far, only do your typical C172/SR22 training. Anyone know of any RV instructors anywhere from San Antonio-Austin-Houston-Victoria-Corpus-Harlingen-Brownsville area?

Thanks so much!

Good luck. Training in a 12 is pretty hard to find. I just travelled from California to Wisconsin, hopefully to get a little time in one before I fly the 12 I just finished. Ironic for something that Van's expected to be taken up as a trainer.

The first two days were rainy with low ceilings. Now everything is socked in and IFR due to smoke. Fingers crossed we are able to fly tomorrow...otherwise it's back to the drawing board.