thinkn9a

Well Known Member
Ok,.. I'm up to at least plan "C". Thought I had it figured out with the normal rotation (and offset) mixture arm. Thought I could just move the FAB to the side and all would be well. Found out that the mixture arm interferes with the cowling,.. so A.) will look into buying/modifying the arm to straight or with less offset B.) still have issue with inteference with FAB,.. So,....
anyone see a problem with going to K&N filter XXXX, assuming there is a reasonably similar design/perfromance oval shape filter avail,.. say 5-1/2 to 7 in wide and about 9 in long,.. then cutting down the width of the airbox?? anyone already gone looking for an alternative filter?... assuming all that fails,... problems with "forcing" the circular filter to a bit more of an oval?

(meanwhile,.. wondering about shielding the fuel lines running up to the front and side of the servo,... sure are close to the exhaust.... recommendations?)

I spent many hours trying to fit FAB into 9A cowell. Silverhawk pushes FAB 3/4" lower into scoop. I made several FAB mounting plates to relocate box to right for side clearance but then it hit the bottom of the cowell. I ended up cutting off the scoop glassed on Van's FAB-6-320-1 scoop. Good clearance now.

Bruce 9A