Don Patrick

Well Known Member
Since I'm building an -8, I thought I should probably try to go for a ride in one? Or would that just pain me more and cause grief for me in speeding up my build?

Is there anyone within a 200 mile radius of Oshawa that would be willing to have some self loading baggage climb into your back seat and show me how the -8 handles?

The standard "I'll pay your gas" and "I'll buy you a beer or four" goes of course!

I'm not in any rush, but if possible, sometime this spring or summer would be great. I weigh close to 175 lbs, don't stink, and shouldn't get sick;)

Cheers,

Don

Hey Don,

I'll take you up. I'm away for the next couple of weeks in England but once I get back we can arrange something. I'm in Carp (just outside of Ottawa). Maybe what we could do is the wife and I would fly down some Saturday morning and you spring for breakfast. Always looking for an excuse to fly somewhere ;-)

You can see the airplane at the link below.

Contact me via email at rv8bldr at gmail.com

Cheers

That's great Mark!

Let me know when plan on coming down this way...CYOO is probably the most expensive place to buy fuel around here. Peterborough isn't too bad, compared to Ottawa.

I've seen you plane many times and your site. Impressive. Breakfast/lunch is easy...you'll have to let me cover fuel too!

Cheers,

Don

i wanna go for a ride too...

id love to go for a ride in an 8/8a too...just to throw that out there. if anyone ever passes through Tehachapi, CA let me know. Id pay for a quick hop around the pattern.

...Ill even throw in lunch :)

Last edited: