ricah11

I'm New Here
Hi all,

I?ve been lurking on the forum for a few months and decided I?d start the New Year off by posting something. My wife and I finally decide that we?re ready to actually own a plane instead of renting. We both are working / living overseas right now, but will be moving to Charlotte, NC in June. We have decided to buy instead of build?for now. We keep going back and forth over which model, really it?s my wife, we?re both pilots and she hasn?t decided if she?d rather nap in the back or help me navigate when it?s my turn to be PIC. I think she is leaning towards napping in the back, so maybe there is an RV-4 or 8 in our future.

My only concern is I?ve never flown an RV. Sure I?ve seen them on the ramp, or watched them zoom past me like my little rental Cessna was standing still, so I?d love to fly with someone. I?ll be home in Orlando on leave January 16-21 and if anyone in the area happens to be flying and has a free seat, I?d be more than happy to compensate appropriately.

Thanks,
-Chris

Ride

Chris,
I am in Winter Haven 45 min. west of Orlando, be happy to take you up in my 8.
Dick

Chris, I actually live in the Charlotte area. If you make any trips back here I will be glad to give both you and your wife a ride in a RV6. There is a wealth of experience and help available in the CLT area if you choose to purchase a RV. I will send you my contact number via PM.

George

If you should get to

south Florida (Ft. Lauderdale area), I would be more than happy to give you and your wife demo rides. I have a really nice RV6-A. Be warned that if you ride in an RV, you will not want to fly anything else.
Contact me at: [email protected]

Dick,

I can definitely make it down to Winter Haven, not far from Orlando at all. Woodman...I'm definitely hoping that after I ride in one, i won't want anything else. :)