RV-10Drmr

RV-8 crowd, I'm looking for a particular picture that I downloaded from the site back during the summer. I think it came from some folks making the trek to or from LOE. It has two RV-8s decked out in WWII fighter livery on the tarmac looking out toward a desert ridge. Beautiful. The -8 in the foreground has yellow strips and "JC" on it. I'm trying to find the image to paste as my Windows desktop background at my new work location. Would appreciate anyone that could forward a link or the actual image in high resolution to me through the forum. I'm in a somewhat system constrained environment :mad: , and would appreciate any help. Thanks much.

JGP

Last edited:
Nope, not the ones, but WOW!

Ben,
Nice RV-8s, but not the two I was looking for. These were taken on the ground, with the planes' noses towards the ridgeline. Just a super cool picture of two -8s longing to get off the ground into a desert sky - at least that's my interpretation. DR or somebody posted them in the July-Sept time frame, but I don't know where to go in the archives to pull them, and even if I did, the system restrictions where I'm working probably won't let me pull them. Don't ask...

R.
JGP

JGP,

I have what you desire... Invasion stripes and all.
I liked it too and saved it to my desktop as well.
The problem is I'm not very computer savvy and am having trouble inserting it into this message.

Email me directly and perhaps you can help me figure it out.

Steve

A red and polished plane

Hi folks,

I have also been looking for a picture that I have as the screensaver on a computer. The RV 8 is mostly polished with red trim and a very nice bit of nose art. The plane is named Diamod Di. Any idea who built this beauty? I am thinking of a very similar finish and wanted to pick his/her brain.

Regards,

Michael Wynn
RV 8 (prepunch) Fuselage
San Ramon

Diamond Di

Yup, that's the one. What a beauty. Thank you for the info.

Regards,

Michael Wynn
RV 8 Fuselage
San Ramon, CA

Could this be the one you seek?

img0818kf0.jpg

:cool:

JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT THIS IS NOT MY PICTURE...JUST HAPPENED TO FIND IT TODAY ON THE FORUM.

Last edited:
Man, that IS a nice shot! If that's the one RV-10Drmr is looking for, I can understand why he wants it. Kudos to the photographer!

I can't get a break

Folks,
Due to the system restrictions where I'm located, I can't see the image; it wouldn't download. I get the big red "X" in and empty box. :mad: My wife, who is not very computer savvy, is going to have to try to pull it from my files at home - she gets frustrated when she has to do a file search. I have the name of the image as I saved it to my computer at home, img0818kf0.jpg, so she should be able to find it fairly easy.(I can track the location by clicking on the "properties" button for the image, but the system won't let it download)
One could say that I'm obsessing - and for that image, you'd be right. It's a tie to my life back home. :(
Thanks,
JGP

Last edited:
Happy airman

All,
Thanks much for the efforts to locate the pic. It's now on my 'puter at my current desk. One of my O-6es saw it today and thought it was a pair of P-51s at first. I got to explain to him about the wonders of the RV world. His reply: "Sounds like fun." Again, I appreciate the dig for the picture and correspondence. Glad I could introduce a few folks to a very nice image.

R.
JGP