ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
Does anybody know where I can get the most up to date overhaul manual for an O-320 B2B? I have a soft copy of the December 1, 1960 rev but I've been looking on line to buy something more current. I keep running into the same version that I have or to versions that are unclear if they are more current or not. I don't want to buy something that is the same or older than I already have.

Any leads are appreciated.

Thanks

PDF Copy

I have a PDF copy of the December 1974 Direct Drive Overhaul Manual. It should cover yours. Or, are you looking for the parts manual? I have a July 1984 copy of the parts manual. Let me know if you could use these.

Kelly,

Call Lycoming, they will be more than happy to sell you one. Actually two, the first part a generic "Direct Drive Engine Overhaul Manual" (mine is part number 60294-7) and the second part is a Parts Catalog which unique to your engine. (In my case it is for the O-290-D series engine.)

The Overhaul Manual covers all direct drive engines from the eight cylinder IO-720 down to the O-235 and the Parts Catalog has the call outs for all the part numbers used in your particular engine.

I do not recall the price but I think it was less than $100.

Money well spent, IMHO.

The current Direct Drive overhaul manual for your engine is 60294-7 first printed 12-74. Since it?s original publish date of December 1974, it has been revised many times. The latest revision is 60294-7-12 dated July of 2008. You should be able to purchase an up to date version from any Lycoming distributor for 65.00 plus freight.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."