C-J

I'm trying to find the streamline/rounded canopy latch handle for my RV7. Full throttle concepts makes one, but their site is non-responsive for ordering and I can't get a reply from the contact info. Does any one else make this jazzed up part? Thx CJ

I couldn't get a response from him either. Finally took a chance and just sent him a check and ask if he was in business to send me a handle and if not to return the check. He did respond and I now, after some delay caused by all the snow in Delaware, have a very nice engraved canopy latch handle.
Good luck

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Dave Czachorowski of Full throttle concepts?

I paid him for a "silver bullet steering link and arm" over a year ago, and don't have anything from him. I call him at least once a week, and have asked for a refund... or a product. But he never returns my calls.

If you can help... I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Wayne McMaster
N767WM
SB RV 7 Flying....

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Dave Czachorowski of Full throttle concepts?

I paid him for a "silver bullet steering link and arm" over a year ago, and don't have anything from him. I call him at least once a week, and have asked for a refund... or a product. But he never returns my calls.

Join the club, and read this link:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=43738&highlight=Full+Throttle+Concepts

Folks that know me know that I generally bend over backward to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, he has just flat stolen our money, given us no product, and if I could find a way to get him in trouble with someone that could shut him down, I would report him. The fact that he still has a credit card machine is abhorrent.

Great products when he produced them....

Paul

Canopy Latch

This all begs the question, is there anyone new and reliable out there making these products or willing to? I know both the canopy latches and the tail wheel steering linkage are quite popular. CJ

Canopy Handles

Darwin PM'ed me a while back and stated they're working on the canopy handles so I would think we should see something coming soon. :)

You can do it yourself!

To streamline your own handle is very easy and only takes about 30 minutes.
Just use your sanding wheel to grind it to the shape. Have a glass of water available to dunk it when it gets hot. You can use a hand file for the hard to get places if necessary, but I didn't need to.
Once you have the general shape, go to the scotchbrite wheel and do the fine tuning.
Hand sand with some fine sand paper.
Polish it up with some aluminum polish. You can get Mother's aluminum polish at Walmart, etc., for a couple of dollars. It is a common product for motorcycle drivers and will make it shine like chrome.
If you are really weight conscious, you can drill some holes in the bottom of the handle lever to lighten it. (Don't drill all the way through, of course.)
Good luck.