g zero

Well Known Member
I had Vans ship the upper longerons with the fuselage ( not the wing kit ) . They were shipped in a 1 1/2 in. pvc pipe aprox 16 ft long . When I inventoried the kit I looked in the pvc and saw the angle alum, today when I pulled them out there were the two longerons but also three other sticks of angle . Looked at the plans ( looked not studied ) What are they for ? wing ?

Sorry I dont have an answer for you but I am looking for a little help on this exact subject.

When I moved my project I was not able to bring any of my long angle with me so I have to purchase them again when I pick up my fuselage next month. Do the sticks have part numbers on them?? If so could you give me a list of them and if not can you give me the demensions of them?? I believe they should be on the inventory sheet if they are not written on them themselves.

I already talked to vans and they said there would be no issue with picking them when I get there, but having the part numbers would make things a bit quicker.

Thanks alot for the help
-david

several extra angle stock was shipped along with my longerons. I used the extra for brackets and such for servos and avionics with lots to spare.

extra pieces

they are used for seat backs, and other places. After 15 RV's I have enough "extra" angle aluminum to build a swing set. Hey, that is a good idea!

Sorry I dont have an answer for you but I am looking for a little help on this exact subject.

When I moved my project I was not able to bring any of my long angle with me so I have to purchase them again when I pick up my fuselage next month. Do the sticks have part numbers on them?? If so could you give me a list of them and if not can you give me the demensions of them?? I believe they should be on the inventory sheet if they are not written on them themselves.

I already talked to vans and they said there would be no issue with picking them when I get there, but having the part numbers would make things a bit quicker.

Thanks alot for the help
-david

The two long pieces are for the F-887 Upper Longerons. The material part number is: AA6-125 x 3/4 x 3/4 x 15' and comes with the wing kit.

"extra" angle

The "extra" angle is for random fuse pieces... That's why the plans say "don't cut the 15 foot pieces".

I guess that someone has used the longeron AL angle for these random parts instead of the "extra" pieces.