Try dimpling on the QB. I think I used the pop Rivet dimple dies & then a light countersink.

Derrell
RV&A QB
Finish

Pop Rivet dimple dies work great for #30 & #40 holes but not so good for #8 hole. Besides, I don't have #19 pop rivet dimple die. Do they even make them that large?.

Last edited:
Dimple With your Rivet Gun

The way I dimple holes that I neglected to dimple earlier is with the set holder from my Cleaveland c-frame tool. It sits nicely in my rivet gun. I took a bucking bar and drilled a small hole in one of the non-polished sides (sorry...don't remember the size of the hole) and it holds my dimple dies. I put the male die on the rivet gun and the female die on the bucking bar and it works perfectly every time. Just make sure you keep pressure applied on the gun. You could also switch the dies and shoot from the other direction if you can...whatever you're more comfortable with.

I would recommend turning the air pressure down a little bit though.

I made a dimple/die set for #8 screws out of stainless on the lathe. I threaded the female side and use an allen head screw. It works great. If you don't have access to a lathe a machine shop probably wouldn't charge much. They are very easy to make.
Mel...DAR