speyers

Well Known Member
Does anyone remember that Sport Aviation article a while back about the RV-8 with the long range tanks? Those guys are making a kit right? Would be intered in some first hand testimonials and more information.

Good product

I have 1 set installed in my RV-8, a set to be installed in my new RV-8 and a set to be installed in my RV-10. I think it is a great product. The price is good and a fair value. Instruction are clear so even a cave man can install them. Tony's support is second to none.

Another option

The long range tanks that fit out in the wing tip area were not an option for me with my RV-3B so I came up with another solution using a race car aluminum fuel cell. You'd have to do the W&B math but I would think it would work in an RV-8 as long as you watch the pax weight. Click here to see what I did.

Last edited:
WHO?

Thanks for the replies but I want to know WHO makes these fuel tank kits? Wasn't there one in SPORT AVIATION magazine a few months ago?

Jeff Hansen and Chuck Wilson, both American Airlines pilots and RV builders build the LR tanks. E-mail or call me and I will give you their information.
972-784-7544 <n168tx(at)flytx.net>

Dang, now I understand how those guys feel!

Hard Knox said:
Instruction are clear so even a cave man can install them.

Hey Now, I guess that TV insurance commercial is right on the money... Created fire, invented the wheel, made a better world for all mankind, and still no respect! :( ;)