s24789

Well Known Member
Patron
Does anyone have the accepted verbage for the condition inspection sign- off and other required sign-offs ? We are about to have our airworthiness inspection and I want to make sure the logbook entries are correct.

Thanks in advance
Soon to Fly
phelps

Condition inspections

Condition inspections must be recorded in the aircraft maintenance records showing the following or a similarly worded statement: "I certify that this aircraft has been inspected on (insert date), in accordance with the scope and detail appendix D to Part 43, and was found to be in a condition for safe operation. ? The entry will include the aircraft?s total time-in-service, and the name, signature, certificate number, and type of certificate held by the person performing the inspection.

Here's what I use for initial;

I certify that I built this aircraft for my own education and recreation. I have inspected it in accordance with FAR part 43 appendix D and consider it eligible for an experimental airworthiness certificate for the purpose of operating amateur-built aircraft under the provisions of FAR part 21.191(g).

Sign:________________________Date:_____________

A Question for Mel...

...I thought I'd insert this question into this thread:

Mel, I am the second owner of my RV-8. Can I legally open Phase I to conduct aerobatic flight testing of the aircraft. The aircraft was not previously aerobatically flight tested.

When I moved the aircraft from CA to SC, I had a new Airworthiness Certificate, Operating Limitations (including the aerobatic language), and local Practice Area issued by the local SC FSDO.

Am I legal to open Phase I and conduct aerobatic flight testing?

Regards,

Last edited:
YES!

You can definitely put the aircraft back into phase I for aerobatic flight testing. Most op lims require that you notify the local FSDO for approval of the flight test area.

You can definitely put the aircraft back into phase I for aerobatic flight testing. Most op lims require that you notify the local FSDO for approval of the flight test area.

Thanks Mel! I do have an approved flight test area.

Regards,