DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Friday's Sunset Social a really good time. Lots of people and laughing and catching up and all that. Microbrew beer! Dinner with friends - intended to eat somewhere else but hunger and sleep prompted a quick meal next to the hotel. It's coming up on 10pm and I need sleep <g>. Big day Saturday...planning on some air to air photos.

Here's a pic from the evening. Wish you were here!!!

Best,
Doug

vaf33451ia9.jpg

Keep the updates coming for those unable to be there!

...and be safe!

Thanks for all you do!

Thanks Doug

Doug your LOE'06 Pireps almost make me feel like I am sharing the experience again. It's a good feeling - Thanks.

Bob Axsom

Memories of LOE5...Last year...

Considering the weather last year, Doug's new photo passing south of El Capitan was a lot different from when we passed it last year. It was hiding in those clouds you see in this photo when Rob Reece and I flew past it.
DSCP0014.JPG

As for Bob Axsom missing this year's event, me too! For any of you who want a review of last year's event, feel free to check out my 2005 report and photos beginning on this web page. http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a174.htm

There is always next year....

Jerry K. Thorne
East Ridge, TN
RV-9A N2PZ
www.n2prise.org

That's how the skies look right now, north along the Rio Grande around Socorro and T or C. I just got back to MId Valley Airpark (E98) after a short flight down south and found southerly winds at 40 kts at 8,000'. Getting kinda blustery with some light showers. So, anyone leaving LOE heading north today, you'll get where you're going in a hurry! Visibility not a problem though, just bumpy.

Wish I could have been there.

:(

It's been sputtering rain on and off all day here at LOE, but the ceilings have been good, and there has been some flying. Actually some really NICE flying - got to ride in an RV-10 Three-ship with Beautiful Doll leading as a photo platform!). There has been enough sunshine and the temps have been great - taking a little break right now at the hotel, and then back for the dinner. Hoping for good weather to go east in the morning.

Paul