glenn72pc

Does any one know any New info on this years loe
fly in the info that is posted is o7 info looking for
any new stuff places to stay and is the air port
santa teresa (5t6) ?

It's a comin'.:)

Oct 10,11,12 is the date (Sat the 11th is the 'big' day) and I'll start updating the info here in the next week or two (prizes, car info, etc).

b,
d

Last edited:
LOE

Doug:

Did you mean OCT. 10 and 11???????????????

[ed. Yes! Thanks for the heads up....corrected above. dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Change

Airnav hasn't discovered this yet. When did the change occur, and is it on the current Gov't charts/Garmin etc databases???????

Seth, Where can we find this information?

I've checked all my FAA sites and can't find this change. Airnav still has 5T6 as of July 31st.

Probably won't be published for a while

I've checked all my FAA sites and can't find this change. Airnav still has 5T6 as of July 31st.

A year or so ago 5t6 changed the unicom frequency and I think it was like 2 56 day cycles before it was picked up in the AFD. There should be a local or FDC notam about it. I will call the airport manager to find out. Not that it really matters, the airport hasn't moved:cool:

Last edited:
Anybody coming through Midland/Odessa on the way to LOE with an empty seat? I'd love to come out to the flyin, but don't have wings available and the drive is just a bit much. I travel very light and I'm happy to share costs!

LOE

FYI,

I just ran a route plan on weathermeister.com and it still shows it to be 5T6. There is no NOTAM as of this minute about the designator being changed, it must not be in the system yet.

I work in an area that is close to the people that control this, so I took a break and went over to talk to them.

They checked in all the databases and it looks like the new id has been reserved and that is all. They could not tell me anything more about if/when any more actions might be taken.

So the bottom line is, don't spend any more time looking for the new id right now. Maybe some day but right now it isn't on any charts or plates etc.

No AWOS at DNA

There is no AWOS at Dona Ana county, but if you click your mike thrice, an airport advisory will be issued over the freq. Often can be a PITA if a buch of pilots are doing this without listening up first. Y'all are welcome to the Land of Enchantment.
TN

LOE RV rides

Hi all,

I'm planning on driving down from Albuquerque to look at all the RVs.

I'd love to get a ride (even a short hop around the pattern) in an RV9A.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to go about begging a ride?

Van's doesn't take "reservations" (I'm told) for demo flights at flyins.

I'm finishing up my fuselage and I'm in flight school (not soloed yet).

I'd REALLY love to get a preview of flying in an RV.

Short of wearing a "sandwich board" soliciting a ride, what should I do?

Thanks in advance for any good advice!

Dave

Hi all,

I'm planning on driving down from Albuquerque to look at all the RVs.

I'd love to get a ride (even a short hop around the pattern) in an RV9A.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to go about begging a ride?

Van's doesn't take "reservations" (I'm told) for demo flights at flyins.

I'm finishing up my fuselage and I'm in flight school (not soloed yet).

I'd REALLY love to get a preview of flying in an RV.

Short of wearing a "sandwich board" soliciting a ride, what should I do?

Thanks in advance for any good advice!

Dave

I like the "sandwich board" idea! I'll totally give you a ride, laughing all the way, if I see you wandering the ramp with your advertisement on. That kind of ingenuity is what will make your final project a smashing success :).

RV9A ride

Scott,

I'll look for you at the flyin.

If your serious, I'll buy the gas, your lunch, your wife's lunch and wash your plane afterwards!

I did tons of research before I jumped into this project but every now and then, while pounding rivets, I've wondered if I picked the right plane to build.

Finally, after 2 years of work & $$$$, a ride might just be what I need to encourage me on

Dave

Scott,

I'll look for you at the flyin.

If your serious, I'll buy the gas, your lunch, your wife's lunch and wash your plane afterwards!

I did tons of research before I jumped into this project but every now and then, while pounding rivets, I've wondered if I picked the right plane to build.

Finally, after 2 years of work & $$$$, a ride might just be what I need to encourage me on

Dave

Dave, I sent you a PM.